Monday, August 30, 2010

Frugality regarding Time Use

Time is money goes the saying.
Didn't Ben Franklin say something like , Do not squander time- for that is the stuff life is made of?"

Sigh....I have a beautiful new day ahead of me with no urgent appointments, etc.
AND I have a "million" jobs to "catch up on" around the house for such a day.

Those jobs are "boring" and "tedious" (and they tend to involve papers... not people...)

SO..enter my handy timer timer (25cents at a garage sale)
I shall not set it for, say..umm..... 14 minutes and tackle a "dreaded" job.

I can do anything for 14 minutes!

Dreaded job, here I come!!
tick tick tick...soon I will hear "bing" and I can stop.

But in the past, I've always "reset it' and ended up sticking with dreaded jobs for a long time.
And a nice feeling of accomplishment!
Hallelujah for timers...

No comments:

Post a Comment